Mesothelioma is a fatal disease caused by exposure to asbestos. Symptoms typically manifest decades after the initial exposure to asbestos. It’s a difficult disease, and people facing mesothelioma need different types of help; including medical help, VA claims support, legal guidance, and emotional support.
• Medical Help: The survival rates for this cancer are not very high, but treatments for managing symptoms have improved greatly in recent years.
• VA Claims: Veterans Assistance may extend medical support and disability compensation to veterans suffering from wrongful asbestos exposure.
• Legal Help: A mesothelioma lawyer can help victims seek the compensation that may be rightfully theirs from manufacturers, who contributed to their decline in health through negligence or wrongful exposure. Additionally, a mesothelioma attorney may also assist individuals in securing disability claims from VA.
• Support groups: Asbestos cancer victims need strong emotional support during this difficult situation. In addition to family and friends, there are support groups such as the American Cancer Society where you can get additional help and education.
Your Potential Right to Compensation: Finding a Seasoned Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma impacts not only your health and quality of life, but also a loss of income. Successful lawsuits may help to pay medical needs not covered by insurance in addition to covering many other financial needs for your family. As such, finding experienced legal help is an important step that one may take towards obtaining justice or compensation.
You can search for legal help online. The approaches outlined below may help you find an experienced mesothelioma lawyer to meet your needs.
1. Proof of appropriate experience. A firm’s track record is one good measure of how well a lawyer might handle asbestos lawsuits. Consider the entire history of cases – what is the percentage of those won versus lost? Has the attorney, or law firm, won any substantial compensation for their clients?
2. Reputation. You want a lawyer who is reliable and trustworthy. You will want a mesothelioma lawyer who will work on your case personally through all steps of the way and who has shown in the past a firm dedication to helping their clients.
3. Attorney’s fee. With all the medical expenses already taking a toll on your finances, it would be a relief if you didn’t have to worry about legal fees, too. Find an attorney who will work on your case on a contingency fee basis. With this fee structure, you don’t pay unless the attorney is successful in securing compensation for you.
Baron and Budd, P.C. is one of the country’s leaders in asbestos litigation. As an extension of their services for asbestos victims, they have established Mesothelioma News. Visit www.mesotheliomanews.com to discover a wealth of useful information on mesothelioma and ground-breaking legal and medical news.